Medical device leader hosting annual symposium to provide continuing education and celebrate the 25-year clinical excellence anniversary of its Medial-Pivot Knee
Arlington, Tenn., April 24, 2023 -- MicroPort Orthopedics, a global leader in orthopedic devices and technologies, today announces that registration is open for its second annual Global Medial-Pivot Symposium in Phoenix, Arizona from October 13-14, 2023. This event will highlight the growing popularity of medially stabilizing total knee arthroplasty designs with a robust program to celebrate the 25 years of clinical excellence of MicroPort Orthopedics' Medial-Pivot Knee, its simple and reproducible surgical technique helping surgeons deliver better, more consistent outcomes for their patients.
The symposium is led by a committee of world-renowned orthopedic surgeons including:
- Lowry Barnes, MD, Professor and Chair of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at University of Arkansas
- David Backstein, MD, MEd, FRSC, Associate Professor at the University of Toronto, the head of Granovsky Gluskin Division of Orthopaedics at Mount Sinai Hospital, and the medical lead and chair at the Mount Sinai Centre for Musculoskeletal Disease
- Pier Francesco Indelli, MD, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor (affiliated), Orthopedic Surgery Stanford University School of Medicine
- Philippe Van Overschelde, MD, MScs, Hip and Knee Unit of the AZ Maria-Middelares Clinic in Gent, Belgium
- Alexander Sah, MD, Co-Director for the Institute for Joint Restoration and Research and the Director of Outpatient Joint Replacement Program at Washington Hospital
- Ran Schwarzkopf, MD, Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, Associate Chief Division of Adult Reconstruction Surgery, Director Research Center Division of Adult Reconstruction Surgery, Associate Program Director Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Department of Orthopaedic Surgery-NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases/NYU Langon Health
Attendees can expect an in-depth review from invited keynote speakers of Medial-Pivot design principles and scientific evidence, and how alignment strategies and advanced digital technologies can maximize the clinical benefits of medial-pivot design. Sessions will examine current trends in TKA, the evolution of TKA implant designs, and how this evolution affects knee joint kinematics. The program will also cover personalized solutions for the complete episode of care by coupling with improved patient pathways.
“Building upon the inaugural event of last year, the Global Medial-Pivot Symposium will be an opportunity for top Orthopedic surgeons to further explore the medial-pivot knee design.” said symposium chair Lowry Barnes, MD. “We share a common goal to increase long-term survivorship, accelerate recovery, and improve our patient's outcomes. This symposium will serve as a platform to discuss the role of medially stabilizing TKA designs in achieving this goal and more.”
“This will be the 25th anniversary of the MicroPort Orthopedics Medial-Pivot knee implant,” said Barnes, “I look forward to encouraging interest and stimulating new ideas for the future of knee replacement.”
MicroPort Orthopedics offers various products and techniques to help patients receiving total hip and knee replacements achieve Full Function, FasterⓇ. For more information or to register, visit https://go.microportortho.com/2nd-medial-pivot-symposium.
About MicroPort Orthopedics
MicroPort Orthopedics leverages extensive experience in orthopedics and excellent clinical results to improve patient outcomes and drive provider satisfaction across the globe. The mission of MicroPort Orthopedics is to become the trusted partner of healthcare professionals who share a belief that hip and knee replacements of the past are not good enough for the patient today. In partnership with surgeons, MicroPort helps patients get back on their feet quickly. With a focus on innovation combined with demonstrated capability to deliver the resources of an industry leader, MicroPort Orthopedics is helping patients worldwide achieve full function faster each and every day. To learn more, visit www.microportortho.com.
AM Public Relations